Tonisha's Blog List

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Exploring Majors

My Major: Veterinary Technology




1.) What is the focus of this major? What areas will you study?
     The focus of this major is to obtain a career where i either work in a private clinic or hospital for cats or work in a laboratory with animals. I will study to be a veterinarians's assistant which is not my main goal, but it is a start.


2.)Is this a major field you will enjoy studying? Why?
     I will enjoy studying because I am very interested in knowing how the animal body works and how I can help the animals when they are sick.  I have been passionate about animals especially cats since I was very young and I knew it was always something I wanted to do.


3.) Which classes do you think will be most challenging for you? Why?
     I think my most challenging classes will be my the classes of my major and english classes. I think the classes of my major will be difficult because I am learning how to nurse animals and all the anatomy about animals in the clinical phase. That will all be new to me. I think english classes will be challenging because I do not enjoy writing about novels that I have read, but I will put my all into it because I know it is something that must be done in order for me to graduate.


4.) Which classes do you think will be easiest for you?
     I think the most easiest classes for me will be all of my science classes and my college discovery class. I feel that my science classes will be easy for me because I enjoy science and I understand it quickly. I have always got good grades in my science classes in high school. My college discovery class will be a class where I can obtain tutoring and talk to my counselors about anything.


5.) Are there requirements to be accepted into this major such as GPA?
     Yes there are. In order to get into the Vet Tech program I must pass with either an A or a B+-B and have a high GPA. The reason to that is because there are a small amount of seats and there is a competition.


6.) Do you believe you can meet these requirements? Yes _______ No _______
     Yes I can because I attend all of my lectures, I study all my notes and the textbooks for exams, and I complete all of my assignments.


7.) Can this major be completed in four years? Yes _______ No _______
     This major can be completed in 2 years.  I really wanted to study pre-vet/veterinary medicine which is completed in about 10 years.


8.) Is graduate work usually required to work in the field associated with this major? Yes _______ No _______
    Yes. That is if you want to study abraod for higher experience or better income.


9.) Which skills does this major require?
     This major requires nursing skills for animals.


10.)  Using the catalog, what are 10 courses that you would really like to take? Would you be able to take them if you choose this major?
       Chemistry, Math, Biology I, Biology II, Principles of Animal Control, Intro to Vet Tech, Vet Tech II, & Animal Nursing. I would be able to take all of these majors if I choose this major.


11.) What kinds of jobs do students with this major obtain?
     Veterinary Technician, Biological Technician, Research Center, Animal Shelter, Kennel Assistant,  & Receptionist in an animal clinic.


12.) Of these jobs, list three that would be of interest to you:
     The three jobs that I am interested in are Biological Technician,  Veterinary Technician, & Receptionist in an animal clinic.


13.) Are there any student organizations associated with this major?
     The Vet Tech Club 


14.) Are there any professional organizations associated with this major?  
     Not that I know of, but there could be.


15.) Now that you know a little about this major, will you continue to consider it? Why or why not?
     Yes I will continue to consider it because I have a strong passion to work with animals. I feel this career path is destined for me. It will be something I enjoy doing for a living.


16.) What resources did you use to complete this worksheet?
     I used my 2010-2011 catalog book to refer back to the courses that are required for this program and my blogger to answer the questions. =)
     
    

    

    

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Malaysia & Singapore & brunei greatest on-line
blogshop for wholesale & supply korean accessories,
earrings, earstuds, choker, rings, bangle, hair & bracelet add-ons.
Offer 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
Also visit my webpage - getting ripped

Anonymous said...

You need to take part in a contest for one of the highest quality websites on the internet.
I most certainly will recommend this website!
Feel free to visit my blog post Genital Warts Cure

Anonymous said...

I couldn't refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!
My website :: Upper James Manor - Greg Iacomo